The other day, Corey and I were driving in the car talking about taking scuba lessons. Since we have been married, Corey has tried to convince me to do this, but I keep putting it off. I am not going to lie, the thought of diving under water scares me to death. But as we talked in the car, I realized the thing that scares me the most is not being able to do it. I am more afraid that I will be terrible and/or quit before finishing.
So that conversation led me to write down the things I am scared to try, which led me to write down things I keep putting off, which led me to things I just want to do, which led to MY LIST.
Our time here on earth is too short, and I am tired of wasting my days away on Facebook and in front of the TV watching re-runs.
So for whatever reason, I keep putting things off in my life, and I figured if I post them here for all of you to read, you can help hold me accountable. I would love for each of you to write your own lists and share them here.
So here is MY LIST…
• Learn to scuba dive
• Learn Spanish
• Learn to fly
• Visit the Statue of Liberty 4/6/11
• Eat a Sprinkles cupcake June 2011
• Sky dive
• Hike Tanalian Mountain (in Alaska) 7/29/12
• Go deep sea fishing
• Take Corey to Thailand
• Stand on top of the Empire State Building 4/7/11
• Buy a house
• Earn my concealed weapons permit
• Take a photography class
• White water raft in the Grand Canyon
• Bungee jump from a bridge
• Read at least one book per month
• Take a picture with the Billy Graham Hollywood Star June 2011
• Try surfing
• Have children
• Sail with Corey in the Caribbean
• Go lobstering in the Bahamas
• See Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas
• Take a sewing class
• Knit a blanket
• Visit all 50 states (24 down, 26 to go!)
• Visit New England in the fall
• Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C.
• Plant a garden
I am sure I will be adding more.
What are some things on your list?