SUMMER ENCORE SERIES
Listen On:Subscribe to Fearless
Alcohol can be a divisive subject in the church. Where do you stand?
This summer I’m sharing some of your favorite episodes from “The Elephant in the Room” series. Many of you reached out when I first released the episode on alcohol. I heard over and over how thankful you were to have a discussion on this controversial topic because many churches refuse to address it – and in recent years there has been a greater acceptance of drinking in the church.
If you’re new to Fearless, I hope you’ll listen as I share my own experience on this subject. And if you’ve followed along for a while, I hope today you’ll share this episode and it helps spark conversations amongst your friends and family.
- Romans 14:13
- 1 Corinthians 6:12—13
- 1 Corinthians 8:9
- Proverbs 20
- Romans 14:21
- 1 Peter 5:8
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH
- BGEA’s online tools: https://billygraham.org/grow-your-faith/how-to-share-your-faith/tools/
- 7-Day Challenge: https://searchforjesus.net/share-with-others/
- Church Finder: https://churches.goingfarther.net/
BACKLINKS TO PAST RELEVANT EPISODES
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – https://billygraham.org/
- Billy Graham Radio – https://billygrahamradio.org
- Samaritan’s Purse – https://samaritanspurse.org/
Follow On Social Media:
- Resources for people seeking help with alcoholism https://www.focusonthefamily.com/family-qa/alcoholic-seeking-help/
- Billy Graham’s My Answer: Seek Christ’s Help In Your Battle With Alcohol
- Billy Graham’s My Answer: What Does the Bible Say About Drinking Alcohol?
- Billy Graham’s My Answer: Does God Consider Alcoholism a Sin?
- According to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, one in every 13 adults, nearly 14 million Americans, abuse alcohol or are alcoholics
- Alcohol is involved in 50% of spouse abuse cases
- Alcohol is involved in 38% of child abuse cases
- Alcohol is involved in 65% of drownings
- Alcohol is involved in 54% of those in jail for violent crimes
- Alcohol is involved in 49% of those convicted for murder or attempted murder.
- The Today Show https://www.today.com/video/-i-am-a-mom-in-recovery-woman-shares-journey-through-alcoholism-1312535619822
- A study in 2018 revealed that 32% of moms reported they engaged in binge drinking
- Over half of the U.S. population drinks, with some studies showing up to 67%
- 3 in 10 adults in the U.S. say they drink too much.