Listen On:Subscribe to Fearless
Between prepping for the week ahead, getting last-minute chores done, your job and your kids’ sports schedules, keeping a true day of rest every week can be hard. And how important is it, really?
The Bible says it’s very important to set aside one day a week for resting and honoring the Lord. Culture, on the other hand, has redefined what a day of rest should look like.
On this episode I talk about some of the reasons why God calls us to keep the Sabbath. I also share some of the challenges my family has had with doing that and how we’re working through them.
Jesus said, “man was not made for the Sabbath, but the Sabbath was made for man.” I hope this episode encourages you to reclaim this gift God has given us.
- Hebrews 10:24-25
- Exodus 20:8-11
- Exodus 20:2
- Ezekiel 36:27
- Exodus 31:31
- Matthew 5:18
- Matthew 22:34-40
- Mark 2:27
- Take the Day Off: Receiveing God’s Gift of Rest, by Pastor Robert Morris https://store.pastorrobert.com/collections/all-products/products/take-the-day-off-book
- Billy Graham’s Answer: What is the Sabbath really for? https://billygraham.org/story/billy-grahams-answer-what-is-the-sabbath-really-for/
- Decision Magazine, Remember the Sabbath Day https://decisionmagazine.com/remember-the-sabbath-day/
- Billy Graham, The Importance of Corporate Worship https://billygraham.org/devotion/the-importance-of-corporate-worship/
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH
- BGEA’s online tools: https://billygraham.org/grow-your-faith/how-to-share-your-faith/tools/
- Church Finder: https://churches.goingfarther.net/
BACKLINKS TO PAST RELEVANT EPISODES
- Episode 96: Be Careful Little Eyes—The Dangers of our Screen Time
- Episode 91: It’s Not If You Are Able, But, Are You Available
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – https://billygraham.org/
- Billy Graham Radio – https://billygrahamradio.org
- Samaritan’s Purse – https://samaritanspurse.org/