We warn our kids to always be careful about what they’re looking at, what they do, and how they behave. But how do we as parents navigate that when it comes to our own screen time – not only what we’re watching but how much time we’re spending watching it?
As screens have become present everywhere in our culture, it’s important to remember that time is a precious gift from God. It’s our responsibility to use our time in such a way that honors God and prioritizes what we’ve been entrusted with—our families and children. When we give too much time to content that’s meaningless and which isn’t God honoring, darkness and the world win a battle in the war for our hearts.
Today on Fearless, I’m sharing some tips that have worked for our family and how we are trying to make more time for what’s really important.
Listen On:Subscribe to Fearless
- Proverbs 6:6-10
- Proverbs 12:11
- 1 Corinthians 13
- Colossians 4:5-6
- Romans 13:11-14
- Psalm 101:2-3
- Matthew 6:22-23
- 2 Samuel 11
- Craig Groeschel, Life.Church, Break the Cycle That’s Breaking Your Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7yvFAyVow
- Fearless Family Devotional https://cissiegrahamlynch.com/fearless-family/
- Cissie Graham Lynch: How Well Do You Know My “Perfect” Life? https://cissiegrahamlynch.com/how-well-do-you-know-my-perfect-life/
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH
- BGEA’s online tools: https://billygraham.org/grow-your-faith/how-to-share-your-faith/tools/
- Church Finder: https://churches.goingfarther.net/
BACKLINKS TO PAST RELEVANT EPISODES
- Episode 71: Should You Watch the News With Your Children?
- Episode 70: Skillet’s John and Korey Cooper Don’t Back Down From Defending Christianity
- Episode 63: Teaching Kids How to Think, Not What to Think
- Episode 62: Fighting for Family in 2022
- Episode 23: The Challenges of Being a Mom
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – https://billygraham.org/
- Billy Graham Radio – https://billygrahamradio.org
- Samaritan’s Purse – https://samaritanspurse.org/