Listen On:Subscribe to Fearless
This summer I saw my kids struggle to control their tongues; they were frustrated with each other and their tone with each other was just ugly. And I know they learned it from me. I realize we don’t always get it right – I know this true for me and there have been many times where I’ve had to bite my tongue when I get frustrated, offended, or when others are rude.
With everything that has happened since 2020, it seems that people are quick to be more angry, more upset, and more sensitive. It can be shocking when you hear the language and hate that some people spew. So, how should we react when we hear hateful, crude, and offensive language and words from others? I’ve recently been working on this in my own home with my kids and husband and I encourage you to listen to this episode of the #FearlessPodcast to hear more about why this is important.
- James 3:3-12
- James 1:26
- Ephesians 4:29
- Romans 12:12
- Proverbs 18:21
- Romans 1:29-30
- Exodus 20:7a
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Luke 6:45
- Fearless Family Devotional https://cissiegrahamlynch.com/fearless-family/
- Billy Graham’s My Answer: Is it Really Wrong to Use Bad Language?
- Billy Graham’s My Answer: I’m a New Christian Trying to Clean Up My Language. What’s the Best Way to Do This?
- Daily Devotional: The Power of Words
- Decision Magazine: How to Tame the Tongue
HOW TO SHARE YOUR FAITH
- BGEA’s online tools: https://billygraham.org/grow-your-faith/how-to-share-your-faith/tools/
- Church Finder: https://churches.goingfarther.net/
BACKLINKS TO PAST RELEVANT EPISODES
- Episode 107: Anti-Purity Culture: Was the Church Wrong & When to Talk to Our Kids About Sex
- Episode 96: Be Careful Little Eyes—The Dangers of Our Screen Time
- Episode 71: Should You Watch the News With Your Children?
- Episode 63: Teaching Kids How to Think, Not What to Think
- Billy Graham Evangelistic Association – https://billygraham.org/
- Billy Graham Radio – https://billygrahamradio.org
- Decision Magazine – https://decisionmagazine.com/